2 packets (one M&S, one Sainsburys) cranberries
1 pack birds eye chillies (Sainsburys)
1 pack red chillies (ditto)
Approx. 300ml crabapple juice
Approx. 250ml combined rice vinegar and raspberry vinegar.
1 kg preserving sugar
1. Dissolve sugar in vinegar and juice, slowly, with no stirring.
2. Decide the slowly no-stirring approach is a waste of time, considering you aren't planning on making a jelly and the crabapple juice is already cloudy anyway, and stir.
3. Add cranberries.
4. Blitz chillies in mini food processor and add.
5. Realise that medium pan is really, really not big enough.
6. Blame Nigella for your decision to use this pan rather than the pan you used for the chilli jam which was perfectly successful.
7. When pan inevitably boils over, transfer to larger pan and clean hob.
8. Feel guilty about blaming Nigella and blame self.
9. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring fairly frequently.
10. Remove from heat and leave to cool down a bit
11. Transfer into sterilised jars - fits well into 5 250mlish kilneresque jars
12. Resolve to buy a jam funnel.
13. Resolve to buy Kilner, not merely Kilneresque, jars next time.
14. Label in the most confusing way possible as Grandad would have approved :)